Entire mailbox data items are stored in OST file format whenever MS Outlook email client is used in Exchange server based environment. But at times, errors are encountered while accessing the data items from Outlook mailbox. Reasons behind them are generally OST file corruption or synchronization error. Amongst the generally encountered errors, one the most common one is error code 0x8004010f.
It pops up displaying the following error message:
0x8004010F: Outlook data file cannot be accessed.
0x8004010F: The operation failed. An object could not be found.
What is error code 0x8004010f in MS Outlook 2013 and the probable cause of encountering it?
Outlook error code 0x8004010f is a general MAPI error code and is generally encountered in MS Outlook 2013 either at the time of synchronizing an offline address book, during send/receive operation, while downloading the OAB files or if the profile is incorrectly configured, etc.
Steps to resolve the error code 0x8004010f:
Track the exact location of your default Outlook 2013 data file and thereafter follow the steps given below to create a new Outlook profile:
- Track the location of default Outlook 2013 file
- Go to Start -> Click Control Panel -> Mail.
- Within the Mail Setup- Outlook dialog box click on Show Profiles.
- Choose the current Outlook profile and click on Properties.
- Within Mail Setup-Outlook dialog box, click Data Files.
- In the Account Settings dialog box, select Data Files tab and you can view the name as well as location of your default Outlook data file.
- Then click Close.
- Create a new Outlook profile
- Create an IMAP or POP3 email account using an auto account setup
- Create an IMAP or POP3 email account manually
- Configure the new Outlook profile as your by default profile
- In the Mail dialog box, select General tab and select Always use this profile
- Click the drop down menu of Always use this profile and select the new profile.
- Now, click Ok to close Mail dialog box.
However, if the afore mentioned steps does not work out then probably the Outlook file could be corrupt. A proficient way is making use of a commercial tool which can recover the lost, corrupt or damaged files from the Outlook mailbox with ease and accuracy. Before opting for one such tool, ensure that it is compatible with the version of MS Outlook and Windows OS which you are using.
One such efficacious software is Kernel for OST to PST. It is an advanced and sophisticated utility that fights all sorts of corruption and error issues and makes the file accessible yet again. It repairs the inaccessible OST file without requiring the original Outlook profile and converts the OST into PST format which can be accessed in MS Outlook itself. Also, a free evaluation version of the software is available which can be downloaded from its website for analyzing the performance before purchase http://www.ost2pst.osttopst.com/